28 Aug New 4 Week Beginners Crochet Course – 29th October – 19th November 2016
I am running a new beginner’s course at the Riverhouse Arts Centre in Walton-on-Thames starting at the end of October 2016.
This course is for you if :
- You have never crocheted before.
- You have crocheted in the past but are a bit rusty.
- You are self taught either from books and/or the internet and want to clarify areas that you are unsure of or worried that you might be doing incorrectly.
I use a specially developed small project to teach you how to make a solid granny square.
You will learn all the essential techniques that can be applied to most basic projects such as:
- choosing the right size hook and yarn
- how to hold your hook and yarn
- slip stitch, single & double crochet
- how to make a square
- how to change colours
- how to join motifs using sewing and crochet
- how to make a cord
- how to finish off
The course includes:
4 x 2 hour practical classes, spread over 4 weeks.
Detailed class notes including photos to help you practise at home.
Email support during the duration of the course.
Saturday 29th October 2016 – Saturday 19th November 2016, 14:30 – 16:30.
Please download the booking form from here. A deposit of £20 will be required (paid to Riverhouse Barn) to secure your spot.
3.5mm crochet hook.
200g of DK cotton yarn, preferably in at least two different colours. I would strongly recommond using Stylecraft Classique Cotton. Acrylic, chunky and novelty yarns are not the best choice for learning.
I can provide the materials above as a starter kit for £12 which can be purchased at the first class (please order beforehand).
This is a great way to learn a new hobby in a friendly setting where you can meet other students with similar interest!
To express and interest or for more details, please contact me.